A health and wellbeing initiative contributing to domestic and family violence prevention
What is Healthy Relationships
Healthy Relationships is a program that equips women and men, girls and boys to foster healthy relationships with their partners, family and the wider community. This program has been made available to TAFE Queensland students and is now available to education institutions
REQUEST A DEMONSTRATION TODAY
Hosted on TAFE Queensland’s learning management system, the program is flexible, interactive and able to be accessed from any device.
The Healthy Relationships program has the following features:
- Takes a proactive focus, on personal goals and the benefits of healthy relationships, rather than lecturing
- Aims to be fun and interactive to promote engagement with the content
- Can be undertaken in digestible chunks, as well as providing structure in a logical sequence for those who prefer that process
- Gives people tools to promote responsibility for behavioural choices
- Demonstrates an inclusive approach, eg. cultural, linguistic, sexual orientation, gender identity attributes
- Uses non-judgmental, frank language
- Builds an evidence base through a monitoring and evaluation framework.
Why in the Educational Setting?
The education setting is often where young men and women meet and make connections that lead to relationships. Helping young adults to explore and understand the need for respectful relationships is critical in preventing unhealthy relationships and behaviours.